Monday, December 18, 2017

Missoula Montana Fly Fishing News 12/18/17

While over on the Missouri River last week, I saw several pods of rising trout. Even now, the weather forecast on the Mo'  looks to be warmer than average and the fishing should be pretty good.

In the Missoula area, cold air has settled in the valleys rendering fly fishing impractical and futile.
Dumb. 

I just took a look at snowpack numbers from around Montana; just out of curiosity, time-wasting and boredom. There's definitely some snow in the high country, but there isn't much at lower elevations. Yeah, yeah, it's way too early to make any real predictions but I was bored, and my computer was on. Most guides would have been searching something more more deviant and perverse. But not me.



No comments:

Post a Comment