Friday, March 2, 2018

Please Patagonia, please make a boot foot wader!-Missoula, Montana fly fishing news

   The fly fishing season is just about to get cranked up here in Missoula, Montana.  I have spent a long winter in my pathetically messy and stinky fly-tying room, often looking longingly at my collection of broken gear. It seems I never have the time or memory to send broken rods or leaky waders back to the manufacturers for replacement. I mean, I never get to use this stuff anymore, anyway.  But alas,  last spring I did send a pair of Simms G3 boot foots back to Simms HQ and so began a long, long wait. After some time, I inquired as to the status of my waders and if the defectiveness would be cause for replacement.  If I sold my waders for that much coin, I too would be reluctant to warranty a defective product. But with some cajoling, Simms agreed to replace my waders! That, in and of itself, was a monumental victory.
   Wader season came and went. Then in August ( when you really don't need waders), I called Simms  and was told that it would be late September before my waders would be available. In my mind it was at least getting cold enough to wear waders, not that I received my replacements from Simms in September. In the interim, I had ordered a pair of Orvis Encounters with the attached boot. I gotta say that the entire Orvis experience was a good one. I wouldn't hesitate to buy their waders, ever.  In mid-October Simms shipped me a pair of waders, nearly 7 months after I had initially sent them my DEFECTIVE G3s. Now I don't know how you all feel about customer service, but this experience and process sure was one one poor example. My saga with Simms isn't unique, however.  Listen, if you're going to sell $800 dollar waders you should probably take care of the folks that buy them.
   So, Patagonia fly fishing product development people, PLEASE make a boot foot wader. Orvis too, make your Silver Sonics with a boot foot. We would all buy a pair from you guys vs. the "other guys".
   Remember this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2XvxDaIwCw
"Do you validate?" Epic.
Thank me later.

Predator
www.flyfishmissoula.com



No comments:

Post a Comment